Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Fully Dependant On God

Hey everyone, I just wanted to encourage you all in the Lord by sharing some things that He's been teaching me and some verses He's led me to. Let me start out by saying that, for those who don't know me, I really enjoy acting. I adore the performing part but the audition part is really stressful. With audition, call-back, call-back it can get crazy. The hardest part is trying to rely only God completely when there's a part that you really, really want. Also, I've committed myself to staying pure until marriage (a decision that I believe that you all, if you have not yet, should make!) and the best way to go about it is to not look to men to satisfy you in your single years but to look to God and always be delighting in Him. Sometimes it's really hard to do this especially when you're discouraged. But I've been praying and just in the past little while God has opened my eyes to how wonderful He is.I know that they don't all have this same theme but I wanted to share some verses here:

'Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love,which binds them all together in perfect unity.'
Colossians 3:12-14

'Give thanks to the Lord, call on his name; make known among the nations what He done, and proclaim that His name is exalted. Sing to the Lord, for He has done glorious things; let this be known in all the world. Shout aloud and sing for joy, people of Zion, for great is the Holy One of Israel among you.'
Isaiah 12:4-6

Stay strong,
~Livie

No comments: