Tuesday, December 2, 2008

The good Somaritan.

My favourite Bible story is the Good Somaritan. I love it because back then Somaritans and Jews were enemies but three Jewish men came along and refused to help the injured Jew and then a Somaritan came and he helped the Jew. I think that this is a wonderful view of the Commandment "Love your Neighbour as Yourself." I don't read the Bible very much but I do hear stories from the Bible every week at church and this one has definitely been my favourite ever since I first heard it. It says to me,
"See what good you can do in the world? See what evil can be done?"
Who in the story would you be like? The Hurt Jew who wants help? The mean Jews who won't help the Hurt one? Or the Somaritan? I would want to be like the Somaritan.

Bye,
Dreamer

No comments: