Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Meet Social Butterfly!

Hi Everyone,

My name is Social Butterfly (actually that is my blog name). I am a new addition to the Roses Of God blog. I am a sophomore in High School and am in between girlie-girl and tom-boy. I won't touch a worm but I will play sports. I am big into rollerblading. I have been a roller blader for nearly eight years. I do tricks and such when it is good weather. I can skate backwards, spin, jump backwards and forwards, do loops going backwards down my driveway and spin just before I reach the sidewalk and much more (can you tell that I love it!?!). My favorite sports would probably be Basketball (which I am not really the best at) and Soccer (which I am good at). Now that is more my tom-boy side. My more girlish side would be my creativity. I knit (purses, coin-purses, scarfs, bags, etc...), scrapbook, I am a writer (I will post my children's fiction story today!), and I love to be creative (I design home made cards, decorate and accessorize practically everything I own LOL). I also own another blog. You can see it at
http://www.socialbutterfly2007.blogspot.com/ anytime you like. On my blog you will learn much more about me. Like that I am keeping pure until my Wedding day, what websites I use often, who my favorite music artists are, etc...
In just a couple minutes I will post my Purity report but for now, here is one of the stories I wrote a few years ago:



Angelina in Snoworld

Once upon a time there was a girl named Angelina and she lived in the western parts of England. She was walking along the shore when she saw a mysterious bottle floating up to the beach exactly 4 feet away from were she stood.
She ran barefoot across the warm sand to where the bottle had washed onto shore and inside, she found a map of Antarctica. She thought to herself, ‘How odd. Where could this have come from?’
Angelina ran as fast as he legs could carry her to their home on the beach and took the map to her father who had been reading the paper on the veranda and asked him, “What could this be for father? I don’t understand those strange markings.” Angelina’s father, Fredrick, studied the map and rubbed his chin in deep thought until replied, “My word! This is a map of Antarctica! Those markings are quite strange indeed. Listen Angelina dear, how would you like to go to Antartica and find out what this map means?” suggested her father for Angelina’s family is rather wealthy.
“Oh father! That would be just wonderful!” Angelina ran into the house, sped through the kitchen where her mother was making sugar cookies, and up the stairs into her room and rushed through her clothes packing the warmest clothes she owned and got all prepared and the next morning took a plane to Antartica. A trip that would change her whole life! On the plane ride, Fredrick and Angelina saw foreign lands that they had only imagined before, Africa, Jamaica, and more. The crossed the Indian Ocean and went through the Atlantic. When they arrived at the airport, people bustled and hustled to get their coats and extra coats around their bodies for it was freezing weather! They took what seemed to be a jeep looking tank to the X on the map. Once at their destination, Angelina asked one of the men who lived in Antarctica if it was always this cold. He had laughed at her saying that it was practically as warm as it ever gets then.
When they arrived at the X, Angelina and her father told the men whom they had hired in England,” Please start digging in this area.” Several hours passed before one of the men finally shouted out,” I found your treasure Miss Angelina! Here you go madam.” Angelina gently smoothed off the snow and she saw a rectangular shaped box with beautiful fairy and snowflake carvings all around it.
“Look father! Isn’t it beautiful? I wonder what is inside.”
Just seconds later, one of her father’s men came running over, “Sir! We need to evacuate the area fast. A snowstorm is approaching rapidly.” Everyone scrambled to the jeep looking tank and hurried back to the nearest village like town they could find. Angelina’s father booked rooms for them in a hotel and they stay their until the storm passed two days later. Later on when she was in her hotel room she decided she would open the box to see whats inside and she found a lovely multicolored stone. She rubbed it ever so gently and then all of the sudden a Snow Princess was standing inside her very room.
" Hello, I am Princess Crystal, I am thirteen years old and I am from the enchanting land of Snoworld. Who are you and how did I get here.” For a few minutes Angelina just simply examined this mysterious young girl. She had blonde hair, hazel eyes and she was quite tall about 5’5.
“ I am Angelina and I live in England and I think I should be asking how you came to be in my room. Is this stone yours?” She asked.
“ No, its for you to keep. When you say ‘ I love adventures’ you will come to Snoworld.” “ Wow,” she said in complete amazement. Then all of the sudden Princess Crystal was gone. A couple of days later in just complete confusion Angelina opened the box, held the stone, and said the magic words. Then, just like a blink of your eye she was in Snoworld. She found she was wearing a brown, warm, and soft coat with matching hat ‘n mittens. Then the Princess appeared wearing the same thing but white. “ Hello there. I was hoping you would come soon,” said Crystal. In her hands was a Snoworld Septor. Angelina saw a glorious sight, a castle, mountains, and tons of snow. “ Princess Crystal, this is beautiful,” said Angelina in complete awe.
“ I am glad you like it.” She paused a moment.” You see its almost Christmas Eve and I didn’t do any Christmas shopping yet and I don’t know what to get for my family.”
“ I can help you with that easily,” said Angelina.
Crystal replied by saying,” Thank you so much! I knew I could count on you.
“ So… Where is the mall,” asked Angelina.
“ Mall? Whats a mall?” Asked Crystal.
Angelina looked shocked and Crystal wondered if she had said the wrong thing. So Angelina said,” You don’t know what a mall is? Well in that case I guess you don’t shop here. What do you usually give your family?”
“ Well… I used to make candles, soap bars, scent packages, and pottery,” said Crystal.
After a moment of thinking Crystal suggested she give Angelina a tour of the Snoworld Castle while they think of what she can give her family. Then a thought struck Angelina, “ Why not make them pictures of their favorite things!”
So Angelina found out that Crystal kept her art supplies in her room and that Crystal’s dad (King John) likes Snow Horses, her mom (Queen Elizabeth) likes snow flowers, and her brother (Prince James) likes Snowy Tigers. After they had finished Angelina realized she had been gone for almost all day. So Angelina said, “It is late and must be going now.” I will come back someday soon! Have a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year.”
“ I can’t wait for you to come back. I will really miss you. Friends forever?”
“Friends forever,” replied Angelina in a sad, small voice.
After a sad goodbye, Angelina had to go.
While she went through the magical portal Angelina shouted,” I will come back! I promise!”
“I know you will,” whispered Crystal as she disappeared.



Now you are probably wondering what happened after that.
Well Angelina got home safely to see that no time had passed at all since she had left and as for Crystal? Let’s just say it was the best, most magical, and amazing Christmas ever recorded in the whole world (Snoworld that is)!!!
Now if you wonder if Angelina was true to her word then you will be happy to know that this is only the very beginning of a very happy friendship for the two girls.

Thanks for reading my story,
Social Butterfly

No comments: